Department: Client Services
Supervisor: Vice President
Purpose of Job:
The primary purpose of this position is to partner with an assigned Benefits Consultant and Account Manager to deliver exceptional customer service for their assigned book of clients. This purpose is achieved by following the CHS Alera Group Way fundamentals, through the use of CHS Alera Group technology systems, and by developing relationships with internal and external clients and business associates.
- Diagnose and resolve client issues related to claims, billing and eligibility.
- Partner with Account Manager(s) to complete CHS Alera Group service model for clients. This includes:
- Preparation of annual census, client compliance documents and new hire/open enrollment packets.
- Updating client and plan information in CRM system, including gathering policies, billing statements, etc. from carriers for the files.
- Coordinating completion of compliance documents such as 5500 reports, ERISA plan documents, Section 125 documents, etc.
- Coordinating marketing of benefits with medical and ancillary carriers.
- Document all activities in CRM system.
- Other duties as necessary
Associate Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of group product lines, or the ability to obtain the required knowledge within 3 to 6 months of accepting the position
- Client service experience, preferably in the area of employee benefits
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
|The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.|